Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stolen ideas

Blah, so I hate doing this.. and I mean HATE but I guess I just want to have it posted somewhere for my sanity's sake.

Yesterday I submitted an app to open a shop at one of those grungy type malls. I checked out the owner and saw they do some of the same stuff I do (animations, poses etc.) but said wth. I own an island and there is another animation person on it and I couldn't care less. So... of course I figured they'd go to my store and check me out, which they did. So I went back and waited for their response. Well as I'm tping in I see this...

[21:59] (******* *****): I should make one of these and animate them
[21:59] (a friend): yeah
[21:59] (a friend): that would be cool
[22:00] (a friend): lol
[22:00] (a friend): Hoooo!
[22:00] (a friend): where are we?
[22:00] (******* *****): a store that wants to rent a spot
[22:01] (a friend): oh cool

Now, I have taken out the name because I do not want to start all kinds of drama, I hate that crap. I know there are plenty of people that come out with the same idea in SL all of the time and that is fine. However, there is a big difference between coming up with an idea and blatently saying you're going to steal one.

I don't go to stores to see what I can make, I think of it on my own or rack Bronnie's brain :P Either way it annoyed me and though I had already been working on animating the set in question I just thought it warranted mentioning and maybe a lil ranting :P

No comments: